Friday, August 12, 2011

Bonhoeffer- Agent of Grace



Yesterday I watched this incredible movie about Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a Christian minister who lives in Germany and ends up working for an undercover group trying to assassinate Hitler. Bonhoeffer's life inspires me so much. All I really know about him is from this movie, but I'm looking forward to reading about him more in the future. Every time the Nazis gave him the chance to work for them and be safe, he refused. Through this radical way of living and standing up for the gospel even when it literally hurt, Bonhoeffer lived a life that had eternal purpose. Many times in the movie, it was made clear that he was looking forward to heaven. This life just isn't where it ends. I won't give it all away, but let's just say he shocked many a Nazi when he refused their offers of earthly comfort. He courageously accepted his fate at the end, looking forward to seeing God face to face. I found myself in tears multiple times, praising God for the gospel. It's worth dying for. This world just isn't it.  :)

2 comments: