Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Just a thought...

I like this moment. I am with a friend in the JBU honors house. No. I am not in the honors program, but she is. So that is why I am here. We have been sitting here, procrastinating...editing our blog designs. The funny thing is that I wasn't even going to write anything. I was just content to make the blog pretty and sign out. Then Annee suggested that I write about changing the design, so that is what I am sort of doing. I just had the thought: I want to be more honest with myself, and I want to live life in a more real way. Do you know what I mean? I want to really enjoy the good things God has made. I want to indulge in those rich moments where God speaks a intimate word. And in those hard moments where life just stinks, I want to embrace it all the same. I want to stop shying away from the difficult and the not-so-fun moments of life. Contentment in every season. God even says that contentment with godliness is great gain. Hmm.. I am so peaceful right now. Just enjoying the moment. I was also thinking...how do we experience God even in the seemingly small moments of our lives? In my Old Testament class, I am learning more than ever before about the Israelites-God's chosen people. Why He chose them, and me, and all of His children for that matter is beyond me. They doubt God, run from Him, blame Him, disobey Him and get mad at His loving, faithful discipline that brings them back to Himself. Wow. My life looks a lot like the Israelites. What I was getting to is that God faithfully revealed to them that He was indeed Yahweh-the Ever Present One. God delights in us. He desires to be experienced in the griminess of life, in the small moments, in the joyful celebrations, in our failures. God, I want to know you more in this way. It is encouraging that God is the one who built trust in His people. Whew! He is building trust, love, and the desire for Him in me even now. I don't always see it, but He is always at work. He loves me! Oh, how I want that to sink in to the depths of my soul!
I really enjoyed writing this...just being transparent :)

No comments:

Post a Comment